The initial project scope was based on renovating a 1927 four storey warehouse type facility used by the Toronto District School Board as a maintenance facility. Each floor is approximately 22,000 sq. ft. and is composed of concrete with brick finish. The building is listed by the historical board and has a four foot parapet wall. The building also provides heating and cooling services to two other facilities which must be maintained throughout the renovations. The scope increased to include the fit out of the fourth floor as the new home for the University of Toronto Capital and Operations facilities to a LEED Gold CI level. Eastern Construction’s role is to manage the restoration of the parapet and install a new roof. With the added scope, the budget increased from $10.6 million to over $14 million.