We welcome you to submit your résumé for future opportunities.
Eastern Construction is defined by the dependability of the sun rising. THINK FORWARD. RISE ABOVE. Those words reflect the daily philosophy by which we work at Eastern Construction. With every project we undertake, we do so with the understanding that we have the vision, knowledge, skills and ability to generate innovative solutions that consistently exceed client expectations.
As an employee-owned company, we take great pride in our work and our successes are consistently rewarded by our clients through repeat business. Strong leadership, innovative thinking and a solutions-focused approach are a winning combination that has served us well throughout our history. Our success lies in our ability as a team to blend our diverse expertise to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Provides overall supervision, coordination, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities on the project construction site. Completes project requirements as per plans and specifications on time and on budget, in cooperation with the Project Manager. Responsible for the implementation and overall enforcement of health and safety program and quality control processes on site. May supervise, coach and mentor other Superintendents and Engineers and develops positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Planning & Scheduling: Understand and assist in the development of project schedule and ability to establish priorities. Develop look ahead schedules. Ensure accurate resource allocation (which includes labour and equipment) to meet project goals. Able to adapt schedule to changing site conditions. Proactively monitors procurement schedule to ensure timely delivery within project requirements, (anticipates delays and difficulties) revises and communicates schedule changes in order to stay on course. Coordinate and organize work of Eastern hourly labour and equipment, and subcontractors in keeping with the project goals.
- Safety: Initiate, activate and maintain a site specific safety program for the project including; develop, maintain and update Emergency Response Plan; Site safety and reporting inspections; initiate a project Joint Health and Safety Committee; Site Safety start up meetings; ensure Toolbox Talks are conducted, all in accordance with Eastern Health & Safety Policy and the Ontario Health & Safety Act.
- Record Keeping & Reporting: Knowledge and implementation of Eastern policies and procedures. Quality Assurance and Safety. Timely and accurate completion of Field Orders, PMO's, RFI's, site photos, superintendent reports, timesheets, and safety reporting requirements.
- Resources Management: Ability to make the best use of Eastern labour, equipment, material and time in order to meet project goals, deadlines and costs. In addition, manage and maintain subcontractors performance.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Education: University Degree or College Diploma in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology/Architecture or Construction Management, or Trade Designation, Gold Seal or working towards.
- Experience: Minimum Five (5) years experience as a Superintendent and well developed knowledge of the construction process, finance, and management. Knowledge and understanding of Company and industry practices, processes and performance standards.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eastern is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities and will provide accommodation upon request.