Eastern Construction is defined by the dependability of the sun rising. THINK FORWARD. RISE ABOVE. Those words reflect the daily philosophy by which we work at Eastern Construction. With every project we undertake, we do so with the understanding that we have the vision, knowledge, skills and ability to generate innovative solutions that consistently exceed client expectations.
As an employee-owned company, we take great pride in our work and our successes are consistently rewarded by our clients through repeat business. Strong leadership, innovative thinking and a solutions-focused approach are a winning combination that has served us well throughout our history. Our success lies in our ability as a team to blend our diverse expertise to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients.
The Project Manager is empowered with decision making authority for all aspects of the project. The Project Manager is accountable to Senior Management for; project performance, including costs, schedule, quality, project status and adherence to company policies and programs; ensures project profitability, schedule adherence, safety and customer satisfaction; provides leadership and direction to other members of the project team, fosters relationships with all project stakeholders to further business development.
- Planning & Scheduling: Establishes project priorities and develops and implements a comprehensive schedule ensuring accurate sequencing and resource allocation to meet contractual requirements. Ensures buy-in from team members and stakeholders. Proactively monitors, (anticipates delays and difficulties) revises and communicates schedule changes in order to stay on course.
- Contract Management: Strong knowledge and understanding of contracts in relation to prime contract and subcontracts. Ability to apply contract administration methods to uphold contract terms and conditions in order to protect Eastern’s interests. Staying on top of paperwork, ensuring smooth administration & coordination.
- Risk Management:
- Strategic Planning: Ability to analyze and understand project goals and prioritizes work keeping the big picture in mind.
- Policies & Procedures: Understands, interprets and applies company policies, procedures as well as legislation with respect to safety & operations to ensure stakeholder risk is mitigated.
- Cost Control: Manage budgets/estimates and billings, ensuring to review and analyze costs and identify revenue opportunities. Ensure all expenditures are contained within the budgets and estimates. Forecasting Eastern cost reports on a weekly basis.
- Subcontractors: Manage subcontractors adherence to their project requirements and contractual obligations (i.e. schedule, cost control).
- Reporting: Monthly prepare timely and accurate overall project performance to Senior Management and to others as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education: University Degree or College Diploma in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology/Architecture or Construction Management.
Experience: Minimum five years’ experience and well developed knowledge of the construction process, finance, and management. Knowledge and understanding of Company and industry practices, processes and performance standards.
Competencies & Skills
- Motivation Skills - To increase employee development, morale and performance. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility.
- Innovation Management - Is good at developing innovative strategies and drawing out the creative ideas of others to foster teamwork and operation effectiveness.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills – Relates well to all kinds of people by managing diverse relationships; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably.
- Integrity – Adheres to Eastern’s core values and acts in line with those values; is widely trusted and builds trust with all stakeholders by: Being fair and honest, Acting professionally & Fostering mutual respect
- Teamwork – works collaboratively within and outside the organization. Gives opinion, advice or recommendations and works to unite the different elements of the group.
- Strong Business Acumen - Knows the competition and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eastern is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities and will provide accommodation upon request.