Eastern Construction is defined by the dependability of the sun rising. THINK FORWARD. RISE ABOVE. Those words reflect the daily philosophy by which we work at Eastern Construction. With every project we undertake, we do so with the understanding that we have the vision, knowledge, skills and ability to generate innovative solutions that consistently exceed client expectations.
As an employee-owned company, we take great pride in our work and our successes are consistently rewarded by our clients through repeat business. Strong leadership, innovative thinking and a solutions-focused approach are a winning combination that has served us well throughout our history. Our success lies in our ability as a team to blend our diverse expertise to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients.
In this position you will provide specific services such as; lines, levels, surveys, monitoring requirements, quantity take-offs and material ordering. Assist the Project Superintendent to plan, coordinate and supervise construction activities. Assist in ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Programs as well as, legislative requirements. Also ensures the work is in compliance with all the design drawings, specifications, codes and standards. Maintain and update on site as-built drawings.
- Site Surveying: Ability to accurately provide baselines and levels specific to the project requirements.
- Estimating: Ability to determine the correct requirements for the material and accurately quantify and order materials to comply with the specifications.
- Recording Keeping & Reporting: Knowledgeable about and implements Eastern policies and procedures. Quality Assurance and Safety reporting. Timely and accurate completion of concrete reporting, progress charting, RFI's, site photos, and safety reporting requirements. Assist as required, the Superintendent with Field Orders, PMO’s, timesheets, Superintendent Reports.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology/Architecture or Construction Management.
- Prior work experience including knowledge gained in construction surveying an asset.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eastern is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities and will provide accommodation upon request.