Interested in building your career with Eastern Construction? We welcome you to submit your résumé for future opportunities.
Eastern Construction is defined by the dependability of the sun rising. THINK FORWARD. RISE ABOVE. Those words reflect the daily philosophy by which we work at Eastern Construction. With every project we undertake, we do so with the understanding that we have the vision, knowledge, skills and ability to generate innovative solutions that consistently exceed client expectations.
As an employee-owned company, we take great pride in our work and our successes are consistently rewarded by our clients through repeat business. Strong leadership, innovative thinking and a solutions-focused approach are a winning combination that has served us well throughout our history. Our success lies in our ability as a team to blend our diverse expertise to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients.
The Project Coordinator provides high-level administrative support to the project team. Performs such tasks as reviewing and logging shop drawings; implementation and maintenance of change notice procedure and RFI log within project management software. Prepares and maintains accurate procurement schedule with input from Project Manager, Superintendent and subcontractors. Coordinates and keeps minutes of meetings.
- Risk Management (Document and Cost Controls): Maintenance of Eastern Policies and procedures with respect to managing shop drawings, change orders, and the RFI process. Review and analyze costs and identify revenue opportunities where available. Ensures all expenditures are contained within the budgets and estimates. Assist in purchase order and PMO requirements. Timely monthly submission of back charge notices including Eastern’s clean –up program. Provide accurate change order summary report to Senior Management.
- Pricing & Quantity Take Off: Ability to accurately prepare quantity take offs and establish relevant pricing required for change orders. Obtain and review quotations from subcontractors for completeness and in accordance with contract documents. Ensure Eastern general condition costs are reviewed and included in all price changes
- Construction Methods & Practices: Strong understanding of construction methods & practices, including, but not limited to: a) Organize the timely submission of required shop drawings and samples b) Prepare a timely procurement schedule c) Attend required meetings keep and prepare minutes d) Assemble and verify quotations to be included within price changes including estimating of Eastern and Trade work, overheads and general conditions in accordance with contract documents.
- Contracts, Drawings & Specifications: Ability to understand and interpret Contracts, Drawings and Specifications. Able to review Shop Drawings in accordance with the project and contract requirements. Review subcontractors scope of work, exclusions and requirements. Ability to uphold contract terms and conditions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology/Architecture or Construction Management
- Minimum three years prior experience including knowledge gained in purchasing, finance, estimating engineering and administrative principals.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eastern is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities and will provide accommodation upon request.