Eastern Construction is defined by the dependability of the sun rising. THINK FORWARD. RISE ABOVE. Those words reflect the daily philosophy by which we work at Eastern Construction. With every project we undertake, we do so with the understanding that we have the vision, knowledge, skills and ability to generate innovative solutions that consistently exceed client expectations.
As an employee-owned company, we take great pride in our work and our successes are consistently rewarded by our clients through repeat business. Strong leadership, innovative thinking and a solutions-focused approach are a winning combination that has served us well throughout our history. Our success lies in our ability as a team to blend our diverse expertise to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Responsible for the coordination of the mechanical and electrical requirements for the project. Reviews project scope of work and directs the subcontractors in the installation of the M&E components. Reviews coordinates and schedules with subcontractors and consultants, specific testing requirements, testing authorities and certificates required for the project. Coordinates facility commissioning.
- M&E General Conditions Requirements: Ability to plan organize and execute the project requirements for temporary Mechanical, Electrical services, including temporary power, water, sewer, gas and heating.
- Planning & Scheduling: Understand and assist in the development of project schedule and ability to establish priorities. Identifies critical components and ensures accurate resource to meet project goals. Able to adapt schedule to changing site conditions. Proactively monitors procurement schedule to ensure timely delivery within project requirements, revises and communicates schedule changes in order to stay on course.
- Contract Management: Knowledge and understanding of M&E contracts in relation to the project requirements. Ability to apply contract administration methods to uphold contract terms and conditions in order to protect Eastern’s interests.
- Planning & Coordination: Organize and facilitate M&E Coordination and Interference Meetings: Pre-construction meetings with individual subcontractors (take minutes), organize and chair trade specific meetings
- Commissioning: Responsible for organizing, planning and scheduling the commissioning program to facilitate smooth and timely turnover of mechanical/electrical systems in accordance with project requirements, including project close-out requirements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Education: University Degree or College Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Experience: Minimum 2 - 3 years experience with M&E Coordination, preferably in the Construction industry
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eastern is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities and will provide accommodation upon request.