As one of Canada’s most respected employee-owned construction companies, Eastern Construction stands at the forefront in delivering innovative, practical and sustainable solutions in the Industrial, Commercial, Institutional and Residential sectors. We think forward
With over 60 years of experience in the construction industry, we are known for our steadfast commitments, solid relationships, and industrious work ethic. We are resolute in our promise to always deliver above and beyond. We rise above
Working under the guidance of the Operations BIM team, the BIM Coordinator will assist to manage and manipulate 3D building models to be used for visualization, constructability analysis, building systems coordination and construction sequencing. They will implement and continuously improve the BIM processes including collaboration with the project team, design and trade partners, estimating, scheduling and ensuring the project goals are included within our project delivery commitments
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop, manipulate, and maintain 3D models and BIM processes for projects use during preconstruction and construction phases
- Develop and execute project specific BIM Execution Plans
- Analyze and validate the models provided by the consultants & make necessary adjustments for use in estimating and construction operations
- Perform and document Quantity take-off reports
- Generate 3D/4D Site logistics plans
- Create and maintain 4D visualizations to communicate construction schedule and sequence of work
- Run clash detection, document clashes and track through clash report
- Manage coordination of work with subcontractors utilizing the collaboration platform
- Maintain high level of competency of software through continued use and training
- Perform model management for collaboration & prepare models/documents for As-Builts
- Assist Business Development and Marketing in creating visually compelling marketing materials, 3D presentation images, walkthrough videos and 4D animations
Job Knowledge & Technical Skills:
- A good understanding of project workflow from design through to construction with the ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others. Manage time and meet deadlines
- The ability to understand the inherent nature of interdependent data and its interoperability between different software systems.
- Proficiency in the application of all tools and functions: Navisworks Manage, Revit Suite and AutoCAD
- Related Software: MS Office Suite, Revizto, Trimble Sketch Up, Bluebeam
Education & Experience:
- 1-3 years of prior experience preferred, with a mix of general contracting, project management, and/or design
- University Degree or College Diploma in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management and/or Building Information Modeling (BIM) Management.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Ability to translate 2D drawings and specifications into a complete 3D/4D Building Information Model (BIM)
- Ability to read schedules and understand the scope of work
- Understands project workflows from design, estimation, construction administration and coordination, and fabrication
- Knowledge of industry standards, workflows, data formats and interoperability techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with conflicting deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to multitask with a strong attention to detail.
Must be willing to work at times on active construction site, project site offices, and head office environment.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eastern is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities and will provide accommodation upon request.